Another year another huge weekend in San Diego for Comic-Con.
Plenty of news and nuggets are to be given out throughout the festivities which includes all the news regarding the Green Lantern universe.
With the announcement of the long-awaited “Rise of the Third Army” storyline, fans have been expecting more news regarding the event.
Well, DC held a Justice League/ Green Lantern Panel to discuss the coming months for the titles and to answer any questions.
Here are some of the things that were said:
- The Green Lantern on the cover of the zero issue will carry a gun which the League will ask about. The Lantern’s response is: These rings run out of juice, don’t they? This is my backup.
- The Third Army’s rationale is that the Guardians realize that emotion and fear aren’t the problem for universal strife — it’s free will.
- Green Lantern writer Geoff Johns alludes to the fall of Guy Gardner in the next few months.
- Green Lantern New Guardians writer Tony Bedard speaks about his zero issue. He says “By Issue #12, you’ll learn why all those rings came to Kyle in the first place.” In Issue #0, we’re going to have more first-string Lanterns, like Atrocitous, Larfleeze and Carol Ferris. Bedard says that Kyle will begin to learn to master the other colors on the emotional spectrum, not just green.
- Bedard also said that Kyle will need to learn to wield all of the colors to defeat the Third Army.
- “The Guardians are trying to wipe out the main players”
- Red Lantern #0 — Johns says that the Guardians have been working to take apart the other Corps, as well, but that Atrocitus isn’t that easy to take down.
- Fan asked about Sodam Yat’s status which Johns says will be revisited next year.
What about Sodam Yat
“The Guardians are trying to wipe out the main players
Johns alludes to the fall of Guy Gardner in the next few months…
Third Army’s rationale is that the Guardians realize that emotion and fear aren’t the problem for universal strife — it’s free will.