October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Marvel is teaming up with Susan G. Komen For The Cure to raise money and awareness for the disease with special variant covers.
Throughout the month, special pink covers will be available for some of Marvel’s most popular titles including Iron Man, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four to name a few.
“It’s rewarding to see the partnership between Marvel and Susan G. Komen For The Cure produce such exciting art to raise awareness about the risk of breast cancer to both women and men,” said Dan Buckley, Publisher & President of the Print, Animation & Digital Divisions, Marvel Worldwide, Inc. “We hope that all our fans take a moment this month to educate themselves on the ways to fight—and reduce– this risk of this disease by checking out the free resources Komen has to offer.”
The following is a list of the available covers with the date of their release:
- AVENGERS #31 KOMEN VARIANT by Pasqual Ferry & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #18 KOMEN VARIANT by Dale Keown & Frank D’Armata [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #5 KOMEN VARIANT by Joe Quiñones [on sale 10/107]
- FANTASTIC FOUR #611 KOMEN VARIANT by John Tyler Christopher [on sale 10/10]
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #526 KOMEN VARIANT by Paul Renaud [on sale 10/10]
- THE MIGHTY THOR #21 KOMEN VARIANT by Mike Perkins & Sonia Oback [on sale 10/17]
- UNCANNY X-MEN #20 KOMEN VARIANT by David Marquez & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/17]
- WOLVERINE #315 KOMEN VARIANT by Ben Ang & Edgar Delgado [on sale 10/24]